Frequently Asked Questions
- If my roommate(s) moves out before the lease is up, are
we responsible for the full rent? Yes, residents who
are designated as Leaseholders are responsible for full rent of the
apartment for the lease term of their lease.
- I currently live in an apartment at Harbor Point and I
want to move out now but my lease is expiring in three months. What
should I do? Please call our Senior Leasing
Consultant at Harbor Point for all your lease questions as early
move-outs unfortunately have consequences for all
- Will my rent change after I move in to Harbor
- Once you sign the lease and move-in, the rent amount does not
change for that lease period (1 year). However, at the end of the
lease term, the rents may change (up or down) depending on the
current market conditions. In any case, you will receive a letter
at least 3 months before the end of your lease indicating the rent
change (if any) and asking if you will be renewing your lease for
- Can I live at Harbor Point even though I don’t have
good credit? As a Leaseholder you will need to
qualify under Harbor Point’s Credit and Criminal Background
- Can I sublet my apartment? With
the agreement of everyone on the lease you may be able to change
names on the lease through the Leasing Office. They call this
a roommate change. Please contact the leasing office for more
- What do I need to do if I wish to sublet my
apartment? Please contact the leasing office for
details pertaining to roommate changes/removals etc.
- If my roommate(s) is moving out, what sources do I have
available to find another roommate(s)? You have the
option of finding roommates yourself and can use resources on our
website to post and look for roommate matches. Look the residents
tab and click Roommate Listings
- Can I replace my missing roommate(s) with anyone I
would like? You can replace missing roommates
with anyone that qualifies to be a leaseholder at Harbor Point. The
new roommate will need to be approved by Leasing Office.
- Who lives at Harbor Point? Harbor
Point’s community has approximately 3000 people from over 30
different countries. There are families, students, working
professionals just like any neighborhood in Boston might
- How safe is Harbor Point? Harbor Point
is just like any other community in Boston. Unfortunately
they can not guarantee safety but there are certain things in place
in order to deter. Ultimately everyone is responsible for
his/her own safety.
- Is public safety available at Harbor
Point? Harbor Point has a 24/hr public safety office
with its own officers.
- Where can I purchase or rent furniture?
You can purchase or rent furniture from several places throughout
Boston. Contact the Leasing Office for more info.
- Where can I buy groceries? “Shaw’s”
supermarket is within walking distance to Harbor Point. It is
located right next the JFK/UMASS T stop. There is also a
convenience store on site.
- Are utilities included? Heat, Hot Water
and Air Conditioning are included in most apartments at Harbor
Point. Residents pay for electricity, phone, cable etc.
- What alternative off-campus health services are
available in case of emergencies? The Geiger-Gibson
Community Health Center is located within Harbor Point.
Please contact them for details pertaining to insurance, health
care etc. 617-288-1140